- Texture is used to provoke nervous feelings.
- Subtle tones are used to enhance darker areas of photograph and adds a soft and smooth effect.
- Texture on the model is the main focus.
- Imagery looks more intense and compelling if the model has a realistic expression (moody works well).
- Adding small amounts of texture creates an ultra realistic outcome.
- Alifan avoids adding too much texture, so that the piece still looks like an oil painting.
- Colour of the texture added to the model stand out from the skin tone, whether that be through temperature or tone.
- The skin is made to appear quite smooth, to enhance the uneven surfaces within the texture.